Did you know volunteering is good for you? It actually can improve your health! Not only does Carmel Clay Parks & Recreation (CCPR) want to thank our existing volunteers whom lend a helping hand, but also extend invitation to those looking for a way to give back! Keeping with the spirit of volunteering, a top ten list of reasons to volunteer with CCPR!
- Volunteering lowers chance of depression. Why? Who could be sad when giving smiles and time to others!
- Lending a hand inspires others! Grab a couple friends and donate an hour of time to the community. If others see the fun of volunteering, they’ll surely join in!
- Promote pride within the community. Maybe you’ve helped on a project, so that now every time you see it, you think, “Hey! I had a hand in making that great!”
- Research indicates that couples who volunteer together, stay together!
- Your physical health will thank you! Volunteers are more likely to be more mobile later in their life.
- Service is a great way to meet new people! There’s instant camaraderie in sharing service with others. Who doesn’t need more friends?
- Volunteering makes you think you have more time. How many wish for more hours in the day? Donating time tends to foster realizations of the important things in life.
- Experience! Any kind of experience, whether work or with
people, only makes a life fuller.
- Cultivate community. There is something wonderful about truly being apart of the place in which you live.
- Helping others, in whatever capacity, makes not only you feel good, but the people you’re helping out as well. Your time is appreciated.
“One of the great ironies of life is this: He or she that serve almost always benefits more than he or she who is served.” Gordon Hinckle
Lend a hand. Create a smile. Make a difference.