There are one hundred and one excuses not to work out with a personal trainer: you’re nervous, you’re not in shape, you’re short on time and the list goes on.
The personal trainers at the Monon Community Center will replace your thoughts of “I can’t” with reasons to say “I will.”
Personal trainers at the MCC will meet you wherever you are in your fitness journey to help you improve based on your strengths, weaknesses and goals. If that sentence right there isn’t enough to get you in the gym, we have six reasons that will.
- Motivation: This is one of the most important aspects of your journey with a personal trainer. A one-on-one workout situation gives you that extra push you’re looking for.
- Accountability: Sometimes it’s hard to convince yourself to get to the gym, but with a personal trainer you’re not in it alone. You can count on your personal trainer and they can count on you. This accountability will give you all the more reason to make sure you’re showing up to the gym and keeping up with your fitness goals.
- Efficiency: A lot of us go to the gym and jump on the treadmill or the weight machines with no real idea of how to maximize the workout. By working with a personal trainer you will learn the correct way to exercise and which exercises are best for you.
- Safety: A personal trainer will teach you the correct way to exercise to protect you from injury.
- Breakthrough: Everyone reaches plateaus during their fitness journey and alone you might not know how to move past it. A personal trainer will help you breakthrough your plateaus by introducing new exercises that are personalized just for you.
- Design: It is impossible for the same workout routine to work for everyone that is why it’s important to have a workout regiment that is designed specifically for your abilities and your goals. Your personal trainer will work with you to design a fitness plan that optimizes your strengths to reach your fitness goals.
If you’re interested in starting your fitness journey with one of our personal trainers you should contact Mary Evans at email@example.com. You can also learn more about our personal trainers in the Escape Guide or at the MCC Fitness Center.
A variety of personal trainers work at the MCC and we try to make the best match for you depending on workout limitations, mindset and whom you best identify with.
Personal training sessions can last 30 minutes or one hour and costs range from $30-$55. Quantity discounts are available.
There is no time like the present to get started on your fitness journey. A few words of encouragement from Mary Evans, MCC fitness supervisor, “courage isn’t about the finish line it is about getting to the starting line.”
Mary encourages everyone to make fitness a part of your lifestyle and find what kind of workout is right for you. If you leave the gym feeling miserable, then you haven’t found the right workout. Try out personal training and it might just be the thing that turns your gym experience around!